Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

explore. dream. discover.

When I saw the theme for The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap, I couldn't wait to get started. 
This time around the theme is DISCOVER, and right away I thought of one of my favorite quotes:


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”


- Mark Twain 

This quote has inspired me often to abandon my fear and go discover.

I sketched out simple shapes of worldwide iconic travel buildings, added acrylic paint, and quick sketchy lines in pen.

Then, even though I'm not very good, and I was worried I was going to mess the whole thing up, I got out my free motion foot, and added sketchy outline's in black thread. 





And I'm pretty happy with it. And extra happy because I'm done early, instead of leaving it to the last minute, and it is so much more enjoyable that way. And I got to practice my free motion stitching.

Now I'm just waiting to see where I will be sending my little postcard.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool, the scene really goes with the theme so well and the finished postcard looks great.
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SOOOOOO GOOD! Love this Briana. and yeah for being brave and sewing on it. Being brave is often hard but can be so rewarding. I have been trying to be brave lately.... will tell you about it when I see you this weekend (if I remember)
    TTFN
    AK

    ReplyDelete