Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

an african journal

 

I wanted a messy little notebook to take with me on my trip. I used the tutorial from this amazing blog http://valentinaramos.blogspot.com/ on how she creates her canvases, to make the cover for my notebook. Instead of layering paper pieces on canvas, I layered it on this thin fabric I had. In the end, it ended up cracking a bit, it didn't have as much give as it needs I guess. But I wanted it to be a messy little book.
 

I added my paint and doodles, and here it is. I  may add some words on the front cover, but I havent quite decided. Inside is a mixture of papers with a couple of envelopes and pouches for sticking notes and little papers collected along the way.




It turned out even messier than was expected, but I'm good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment