Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quilting - with paper

Hello! Well this week I've been spending lots of time at my sewing machine, but working more with paper than fabrics. I got inspired by one scrapbooking page I did, where I pieced the background together, and sewed all the pieces together using a zig zag stich. I've been busy recreating this look on lots of my other projects.

I was inspired by my amazing Auntie Kim who always makes beautiful handmade journals. I've altered journals before, but I've never built my own. So today I did. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I think I will have to make some more of these.
This is a toilet paper roll, covered in paper, with a ribbon to hide where the paper meets. I wrapped cellophane around, dropped 3 lindt chocolates inside and tied the ends. I put my little santa
on the outside of the cellophane. Its cute and super fast and easy.
Well thats it for now. Where does the time go?
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! The wow is for both your wonderful creations as well as for hearing that I am an amazing Aunt! But hey... I thought I was supposed to teach you how to make books at our Christmas craft session.... now what do you want to do? I guess we can always make more books. Let me know. I sold tons of creations at the craft sale in HJ - but now don't have much left for the sale in Whse... and no time to create, as we are going to Whse 4 days per week lately. Last week we were there Sat. Sun Mon Tues (girls went, I stayed for craft sale) Thurs Fri Sat and are going in later today and then tomorrow again. LIFE IS BUSY!
    TTFN
    AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely impressed by your crafting prowess! Dana and I especially like your little chocolate holder. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    Savannah

    ReplyDelete