Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Her Name is Lola...

...She was a showgirl. Welcome to the beginning of my new hobby.
Last week Kristin came up to the apartment and asked me how I felt about climbing in the dumpster. I felt pretty good about it, so we headed on down. I peered inside the recycle bin - and there she was. This pretty little lady calling out to me. She'd been used and abused, with the cigarette burns to prove it. So I jumped into the dumpster (which was a bit trickier than expected), and rescued her.
The next day we headed off to Ikea to buy my new fabric to make her beautiful & to Home Depot to buy me a staple gun. That's right, I now own a staple gun - and know how to use it. One week later she is finished and she is so beautiful and comfy! I love her!

So here is my brand new, refurbished Chair - Lola! (I'm not sure why, but I've decided to name my refurbished furniture, kindoff Ikea-ish I suppose, except cuter names than Ikea has)


















This is the start of a repurposing of furniture addiction I'm sure!

On a totally different note - I am in week five of Maggie Holmes Photography class and I am loving it. I am now shooting in Manual, and seeing the results in my pictures. Kristin has been a wonderfully patient and willing model throughout, I took the same picture in automatic and manual to try and see if there was really any difference. I can see a huge difference in the color of her skin and eyes in the Manual!
Thats it for now! Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. WOW.... I do love Lola! Great Job! It is also great to hear that you are doing so well in your photo class, and shooting in manual. I am lazy, and it has been years since I have shot in manual.... but I should try again one of these days. Not now though, much too busy these days. Keep up the great work. And I am still waiting to see a pic of the dress you made!
    TTFN

    AK

    ReplyDelete